Ben and Tricia's New Life in Europe

As you all know, Ben and I are a newly married couple (January 22, 2010) embarking on the adventure of living in Naples, Italy. We are incredibly blessed to be stationed on the Capodichino US Naval base for the next three years and plan to make the most of every minute of it!

This blog is intended to share our experiences and travels throughout Europe with our family and friends. Join us as we transition into life in the most romantic country in the world- Italy!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Buona sera signorina


Wow! Time is flying by entirely too quickly! Of course, we scramble to get the last minute things done. One more night at our favorite restaurant, one more trip to Amalfi, one more trip to my beloved shoe markets, and so on and so forth. I think, oftentimes, it is the anticipation that kills us more so than experiencing the actual goodbye. For my those who know me well, I am not a sentimental person whatsoever but once I finally become attached it is impossible to detach.

One new thing I discovered today was a cheese store in the next town over. I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera because the amount of yumminess in that store was too much to fathom. After spending a good amount of time there I purchased pecorino cheese infused with walnuts and another type of cheese (is it pathetic that I don’t know what it was?!) with pistachio. Also, flattened mozzarella bundles with prosciutto and arugula in the middle. Amazingness. You can be sure that I will be returning there with Ben and taking photos!

This blog entry is full of videos to watch in spare time. The first is our “Farewell” video. We did a fun photo shoot on Monday with our favorite American photographer. We wanted to do a last family photo shoot in downtown Napoli to capture our memories. She did an excellent job of combining a few of our photos from that day with photos she’s taken of everyday life here in Naples:

We are truly so sad not to have the opportunity to photograph with her anymore! Her prices are ridiculously low and she is incredibly talented. She did my maternity photos, Camille’s newborn pictures, our Xmas pics from 2011, pasta baby pictures for Camille, pumpkin patch photos, and then these, arrivederci pictures. She has lived here for 7 years and is also leaving this year, in the summer.

This video is the queen of the house, babbling as always and so full of personality. This video captures just a glimpse of her talkative, sweet nature at 19 months:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVCDSTCV-BY&feature=youtu.be


Last but not least, this is not my video but it is hilarious nonetheless! It is a typical scene in which any time you get stuck in these narrow alleyways, it takes forever to maneuver your car around. Although I’d have to say the driver is not too smart. Not 7:24 into it where a motorcyclist has an actual leg of prosciutto on his motorcycle!  I will surely miss the Neapolitan craziness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n4U1PV4xg4E

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog & good post..............Welcome to Shipping Guide. Shipping and Port Management is a rare course conducted by very few universities and institutions in India.World Class training standards of HIMT, which is now the benchmark for all the other Institutes.

    Shipping Course In India

    ReplyDelete